A couple who
died from stab wounds in a suspected murder-suicide in the UK, on Sunday,
February 19th, have been named by the police. Hazel Wilson-Bryant, 27, was
found dead and Olumide Orimoloye, in critical condition from knife injuries on
Sunday, after riot police stormed their home in Chestnut, Hertfordshire.
Olumide died shortly afterwards.
Neighbours
reported hearing a woman screaming for someone to call 999 and their children,
a boy, 10, and a girl, 6, crying and begging their parents to stop, then a
woman screaming for someone to call 999.
Piotr
Ziemkiewicz, 32, a fork lift truck driver who called the police, said:
“The couple
were always arguing, but this time it was on a different level. There were
screams, banging and shouting and dogs barking. It was so intense that I feared
someone was going to be killed. It went on for several minutes. The kids were
shouting ‘stop daddy and stop mummy’ It sounded as though they were trying to
break them apart.”
Armed cops
carrying riot shields charged the door of the maisonette and found the pair
with fatal stab wounds. Minutes earlier Ms Wilson-Bryant had been seen running
terrified on to the balcony.
Neighbour
James Coyne, 30, told the Hertfordshire Mercury he heard cries for help at
around 1.15pm, just after showing a prospective lodger around his flat in
nearby Leighton Court.
"It was
shocking. I had heard arguments. The man had been aggressive and I have been
worried about it before. I opened up the window to hear what was going on and
then there she was in a bath robe on the balcony. She was screaming out ‘call
999’ in my direction. I realised it was pretty serious and I called 999 and
they said they had already had a call,"
Paramedics
were seen carrying the man after an air ambulance landed in the street outside
the Hertfordshire home. A horrified onlooker said: “They spent about ten
minutes trying to revive him.
"Eventually
they put a sheet over him and I knew he was dead."
Speaking to
the Hertfordshire Mercury, local bar manager Peter Prejna said:
"I just
heard sirens and then the air ambulance landing in the road. I feel sorry for
the kids. I heard there were two children in there as well. One was about six,
same age as my child."
Hertfordshire
Police spokesperson said on Sunday: "Police were called to Turners Hill in
Cheshunt at 1.15pm today following reports of a disturbance within a property.
When police arrived at the address they found a woman had been stabbed and had
tragically passed away. A man was also found to be at the property with knife
wounds. He also tragically passed away shortly after at the scene.
"At
this early stage of the investigation, police do not currently believe they are
looking for anyone else in connection with this incident. Investigations are
on-going."
The force
said the case has been referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission
which has launched an independent investigation.,



0 Comments