Claudio
Ranieri has finally released a very emotional statement following his shock
sacking by Leicester city on Thursday night, less than 10 months after guiding
the
Foxes to a historic Premier League title, with the club's board expressing
their concern at the possibility of relegation from the English premier league.
Ranieri who
took over the club and took them from relegation contenders to surprise winners
of the EPL, remained quiet over his sacking but has now opened up, saying his
'dream died' but he'll always love the club forever.
“Yesterday
my dream died,” the statement published on Friday night read. "After the
euphoria of last season and being crowned Premier League Champions all I dreamt
of was staying with Leicester City, the club I love, for always.'
"Sadly
this was not to be.
"I wish
to thank my wife Rosanna and all my family for their never ending support
during my time at Leicester.
"My
thanks go to Paolo and Andrea who accompanied me on this wonderful journey. To
Steve Kutner and Franco Granello for bringing me the opportunity to become a
champion.
"Mostly
I have to thank Leicester City Football Club. The adventure was amazing and
will live with me forever.
"Thank
you to all the journalists and the media who came with us and enjoyed reporting
on the greatest story in football. My heartfelt thanks to everybody at the
club, all the players, the staff, everybody who was there and was part of what
we achieved.
"But
mostly to the supporters. You took me into your hearts from day one and loved
me. I love you too. No one can ever take away what we together have achieved,
and I hope you think about it and smile every day the way I always will.
"It was
a time of wonderfulness and happiness that I will never forget. It's been a
pleasure and an honour to be a Champion with all of you.


0 Comments